Saturday, February 23, 2013

Another successful week on Whole30!

This week I made crab stew and Josh LOVED it! I started by chopping up a small onion, 4 stalks of celery and 1 cup of carrots. I cooked all of this in coconut oil over medium heat until the onions turned clear. I then added 4 cups of chicken stock and my seasoning (salt, pepper & "Slap ya Mama" Cajun seasoning- no worries... it's Whole30 safe). I then added 1 cup of coconut milk and 1 lb of crab meat (we used 1/2 lump & 1/2 claw). I let it cook for about 15 more minutes and then we enjoyed it with our delicious Mahi Mahi!

Thursday night we celebrated my Daddy's 60th Birthday with the BEST custom cut 1 1/2" Greenwise Ribeye Steaks from Publix! It was delicious and I think he enjoyed his little "birthday party"!

Last, but not least... Josh has apparently been watching too many infomercials lately and has purchased us some new kitchen gadgets. Our 1st is a Jack Lelane Juicer (which he used this morning to make some  concoction he called breakfast- it was the juice from a grapefruit, apple, celery & carrots. It was neat to see what it did, but I'll admit I was not willing to try the fancy new drink.

The second is a Rotisserie so we can cook chickens and Boston butts! I'm a little excited about this one. I think we're gonna try it out tomorrow!

Our last "official" day on Whole30 is rapidly approaching! Our 30 day mark is Tuesday, but we planned to finish out the month full force since it's only 2 extra days. After that we plan to enioy the weekend "diet free" and start back Monday (with one cheat day per week) through Easter. :)

1 comment: